UMSid Account Activation
This document is intended to be a step by step walk through of the Account Activation process
- Go to mail.maine.edu – click on the Account Activation link.
- You will see the words "Activation Key Required" in parentheses
- Enter your student identification number
- This is a unique 7 digit number assigned to you by the University.
- Enter your activation key
- This is a case sensitive alphanumeric code either sent to you after registration or given to you by Techsupport.
- Press continue.
- You will have to enter your student id number and activation key on the next page.
- You will then be prompted to create a new password.
- The password must be at least eight characters long with at least one number and one capital letter; the number can not be the first character (example: P@ssword01).
- You will be prompted to enter three questions and answers.
- The three questions can all be the same and you must complete all three.
- Please remember that you may not need to answer these questions for 3 or 4 years. Try and avoid anything time sensitive or with too many possible ways to answer. It may not be the best idea to enter the question "What did I have for breakfast today?". "What town was I born in?" may be a better choice.
- Click on activate account.
- If all information was entered properly, you will get a congratulations screen with your username and University email address.
|Service||Accounts and Passwords|
|Authored by||Laurin Gordon, Floyd Goodell|